Answered By: Susan Smith Last Updated: 03 Sep 2018
Texthelp Read & Write
- Open Texthelp Read & Write
Go to the symbol and click on the drop down arrow to the right of it Click on Read the web. If this option is already switched on you will see a tick beside it. On the web page hover your mouse over an area of text until you see it highlighted. You will hear the text read aloud. Move your mouse to another area of text until you see it highlighted. You will again hear the text read aloud. Read&Write Gold will read aloud any of the text that is under your mouse. To switch theRead the web option off click on the drop down list on the toolbar and click on theRead the web option
Read & Write for Google Chrome
Read & Write for Google Chrome is a plug-in for the Google Chrome browser which can be used to read web pages aloud. See the Software page for information on how to install it. Once installed follow the instructions below to use it to have online text read out loud:
- Go to the web page you want to have read aloud in Google Chrome
- Click on the Read & Write for Google Chrome button on the toolbar to open the toolbar
- Highlight the text you want to hear then press the Play button on the floating toolbar. The text being read aloud will be highlighted.
- Click the Stop button to stop the speech
Assistive software workshops are also available - please register your interest.