Answered By: Vicky Dobson Last Updated: 29 Mar 2016
Pointing the mouse
- Hover the mouse cursor over the text you want spoken.
This will work in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and Safari and Opera.
Speaking selected text with the mouse
- Select some text with the mouse to make it all speak without highlighting.
This is good for speaking a particular bit of text. It also works in any web browser - Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari or Opera. See Advanced Speech settings.
Using Play (Internet Explorer)
- Click the green Play button ►or press F7. The web page will be spoken from "top to bottom" in an order that is related to the way the web page is built.
- If you click your mouse at the beginning of the paragraph that you would like to have spoken back, a "virtual cursor" will appear. Clicking Play ►or pressing F7 will now start speaking, and the sentence will highlight in your chosen colour.
- ClaroRead will carry on reading the web page until you click Stop ■ or press F8 or Control.