How can I change the background colour of Word documents in Windows Vista and Windows 7?
Please see the instructions below:
- Right click on your desktop and click on Personalize
- Click on Window Color
- Click on Advanced appearance settings...
- A new window will open. Click inside the active window in the image - its colour will be displayed in the Color 1 box below
- Click on the drop down arrow underneath Color 1 to show the available colours (you can also click on Other... to show a spectrum of different colours)
- Choose the background colour you want and click Apply. Your chosen background colour should appear in Word documents but will not be printed out.