After you graduate, you'll permanently lose access to your student email account, emails (unless you've been forwarding copies to another account) and University Google Apps account.
Therefore please use the processes below to transfer your accounts. You can't get them back once you've left.
Transferring your emails
The simplest method is via an Outlook or Hotmail email account. If you don't have one, please create one. If you do have one, ignore steps 1-3 and go straight to step 4.
1. Create an outlook.com account, via the Microsoft account creation page.
2. Click Or get a new email address.
3. Ensure it's an Outlook or Hotmail address. The process doesn't work with other accounts.
4. When you've created an outlook.com / hotmail.com account, log in to it.
5. At the top right of the screen, click the cog then click Options.
6. Under the left headings go to Accounts, click Connected Accounts.
7. Under 'Add a connected account' Click Gmail, then OK.
8. Type the username of your student Gmail account e.g. email@example.com, then enter your pass word and click Accept.
9. You're advised the import process has started. Ignore the option Want to receive new emails that arrive in. Your student email account is permanently closed after you've graduated, so there's no point getting new emails.
10. Click Close
11. An indicator at the top of the screen shows the import progress.
12. When the process finishes (it takes at least an hour - you can log out while you wait) your student email appears on the left under Categories. Select it and choose View: All at the top of your emails.
13. Use the search function (top left) or the controls at the bottom of the page to navigate if needed.
Transferring Google Apps (Google Takeout)
Google Takeout allows graduating students to download an archive of their data from Leeds Beckett Google Apps including Contacts, Calendar, Docs and YouTube videos.
Does this include my email?
It does, but in the .MBOX format, which has limited use and is therefore not recommended. Please transfer your email separately using the process above before using Google Takeout.
Why do I need to do it?
After you finish your course, you permanently lose access to your , so you can't access your email, docs and videos. If you don't take it with you, it's gone.
When should I do it?
Just after you finish your last piece of work / exam.
How do I do it?
You need to download an archive by telling Google which data you want to include. Tick the boxes of everything you want to archive, then click Next and follow the on screen instructions.