Answered By: Charly Simpson Last Updated: 28 Nov 2018
After you graduate, you'll permanently lose access to your student email account and emails (unless you've been forwarding copies to another account.)
Please transfer your student emails to an alternative Microsoft based account as soon as possible. You can't get them back once you've left.
The simplest method is via an Outlook or Hotmail email account. If you don't have one, please create one. If you do have one, ignore steps 1-3 and go straight to step 4.
- Create an outlook.com account, via the Microsoft account creation page.
- Click Get a new email address.
- Ensure it's an Outlook or Hotmail address. The process doesn't work with other accounts.
- When you've created an outlook.com / hotmail.com account, log in to it.
- At the top right of the screen, click the cog then click Options.
- Click on Connected Accounts.
- Under 'Add a connected account' click Other Accounts, then OK.
- Type the username of your student email account e.g. email@example.com, then enter your password and click OK.
- You will be advised that your account is now connected.
- Click OK.
- When the process finishes your student email appears on the left. Select it and then located the appropriate (such as INBOX) folder to view your emails.