How do I use the MyBeckett journals tool?
MyBeckett's journals tool is a bit like a blog. Depending on the settings chosen by your tutors, the journal will either be private (so you and your tutors can see your posts) or open to all (so all tutors and students enrolled on the module can see your posts).
How do I post a journal entry?
Your tutors may ask you to write online journal entries as part of your module. To do this:
- First locate the journal tool within your MyBeckett module. This will have a name and description chosen by your tutors.
- Click Create Journal Entry.
- Type a title and entry.
- Click Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer, or click and drag files into the dashed area.
- Click Post Entry to submit the journal entry, or you can Save Entry as Draft to continue working on it later.
- When posted, your entry will be added to the journal.
- Any tutor comments appear below the journal entry. To view the comment, click Comments.
- You can reply to a comment by clicking the Comment button to the right of the journal. This will expand an area in which you can type a reply and click Add.
Can I view other students' journal entries?
If the journal is set up so that entries are visible to all students, you can use the arrows in the panel on the right to view other students' journals. You can view comments, but you cannot add comments to other students' journal entries.