Answered By: Learning Systems Last Updated: 14 Nov 2018
If you have submitted a Blackboard Assignment successfully and wanted to check it had uploaded correctly (by trying to download it) - don't worry if you are seeing the following Blackboard error message:
Failed to instantiate [blackboard.persist.Id]: No default constructor found; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: blackboard.persist.Id.<init>()
For reference, the Error ID is dbcdf500-ea53-42d7-9d9e-64bee4e37a4e
Your assignment will have uploaded successfully but this is an error message that occasionally happens using Google Chrome. Please clear your cookies in chrome as below (or use an alternative browser to check instead)
- Chrome menu (3 dots in top right corner)
- Type ‘cookies’
- Select “ Content Settings …Control what information websites can use and what content they can show you”
- Select “Cookies…Allow sites to save and read cookie data”
- Select “See all cookies and site data”
- In the search cookies box enter “my.leeds”
- You should see something like this:
- Click the bin icon to remove them.
After which you should be able to download the assignment ok.