Answered By: Digital Learning Service Last Updated: 05 Mar 2019
Audacity is a free application that you can use to record and edit audio recordings, such as podcasts.
Where can I use Audacity?
Audacity is installed on student PCs at the University, and you may also wish to install it on a personal device from audacityteam.org.
How do I use Audacity?
Audacity provide a number of written tutorials to help you get started. For quick links to specific guides, this includes:
- A tour of the Audacity interface - a good place to start if you have never used Audacity before
- How to connect a microphone
- How to import and edit an existing audio file
- How to mix voiceover with background music
- How to export an audio file (e.g. mp3)
The full list of guides is available at manual.audacityteam.org.