How do I use Question & Answer (Q&A) in Skype for Business?
The Q&A feature in Skype for Business provides a structured environment for answering questions during a meeting. This feature is especially helpful in large meetings where a presenter can answer questions, while someone else is presenting meeting content.
Please note that attendees can ask questions, but only presenters can answer.
Participate in the Q&A session as an attendee
When the Q&A session is shared by a presenter, all the meeting attendees can view and ask questions. You can switch between the Q&A and Presentation tabs at any time during the meeting.
- Type a question in the Ask a question box.
- When the question is answered, you’ll see the response below your question.
- If you only want to see your questions, click the My Questions tab.
- To have a local copy of the questions and answers, click Save as, and select a location on your computer.
Start the Q&A session as a presenter.
Any of the presenters in a meeting can start the Q&A session and reply to questions. If you are attending a meeting and are not a presenter, see Participate in the Q&A session as an attendee.
- In the meeting window, click the Present Content button.
- Click More, and then click Q&A.
If there is no other content presented, the content stage opens and displays the Q&A session for all participants. If other content is active, the Q&A tab displays as a new tab next to the Presentation tab at the bottom of the Q&A window.
The meeting IM is automatically turned off until you stop the Q&A session.
- When a question is submitted, any of the presenters can click Answer and type a reply. Press Enter on the keyboard to post the answer.
- If you’re presenting content when a question is submitted, you’ll see a notification about the new question. You can click the Q&A tab at any time to answer the question. Go back to Presentation tab to continue your presentation.
- If you start typing an answer and change your mind, click Cancel to answer later, or for another presenter to pick up the question.
- When a question has been asked, you will see an All tab and an Unanswered tab at the top of the Q&A window. Click the Unanswered tab to filter for the questions that haven’t been answered yet.
- At the end of the session, click Stop Q&A. When Skype for Business asks if you want to enable IM, click Allow All Meeting IM, or click X on the notification if you want to keep the IM off.
- If you want a record of the Q&A session, click Save As, type a name and save the file on your computer. Q&A is saved in Notepad and contains the questions, answers, time stamps and the names of attendees and presenters who participated.