Answered By: Anna Hepworth Last Updated: 09 Nov 2016
Instructions for importing the Leeds Beckett Harvard style file into Endnote: How to copy the Leeds Beckett style
When you display a list of styles in EndNote, the list comes from two sources:
- the installed styles found in the Program Files\EndNote\Styles folder as well as
- new or modified styles found in your personal Styles folder.
On University machines the default “personal” EndNote Styles folder will be located in a path that looks something like this: C:\Program Files\EndNote XIV\Styles. Unfortunately you are not able to modify or save files to this folder.
So you will have to 1) create a personal folder that you can copy files to, and 2) tell EndNote where to find this folder.
- Create a folder where you would like to store your modified styles. For example, you could create a folder called EndNote Styles in your My Documents folder.
- In EndNote, click Edit, Preferences…
The EndNote Preferences box appears…
- In the left pane, click Folder Locations.
- Click the Select Folder button for the Style Folder.
- Navigate to the folder you created in step 1.
- Click Select, then click OK.
- Copy the LeedsBeckett style (attached to this email) to the new folder.