Answered By: Russ Jones Last Updated: 30 Jan 2015
We have discovered a problem that will have affected some students during the initial set-up of the Microsoft Student Advantage scheme. A password reset will resolve this issue:
- Log in to MyBeckett
- Click on My Account tab
- On the left hand side in the Universal Password Manager section click on Login
- A new window should open. Enter your User Name and Password in the box in the top right hand corner and click Login (do not click on Reset Password)
- If you have not yet set up your security questions and answers (to enable you to reset your password yourself if you forget it in future), you will be prompted to do this now – click on ‘Click Here’ next to where it says ‘Set up your security questions’.
When you have set up your security questions and you are ready to change your password:
- Enter the password given above in the box marked ‘Current Password’
- Choose a new password and enter it into the box marked New Password. Please note – this cannot be a password you have used previously. It must be a minimum of 8 characters long and include at least one capital letter, one lower case letter and one number. It also cannot contain your name or username, or part of either of these.
- Enter your new password again into the box marked Retype password
- Click on OK
- If successful, a message will appear which confirms that you have successfully changed your password – you can then close this window by clicking the ‘cross’ button in the top right hand corner
Once you have done this you will be able to log into the Microsoft website and download the software.
If the problem still persists, try logging in with the following link: