Answered By: Jack Gilbert Last Updated: 23 May 2017
Can't submit your assignment using Turnitin?
If you are seeing this message after clicking 'submit' (or any error message within a red bar), check points 1-7 below:
1) Check that your assignment title is 200 characters or less - Turnitin will not accept your submission if the title exceeds this limit.
2) Check that your submission contains more than 25 words - Turnitin cannot process an image-only submission so you must have at least 25 words in your assignment.
3) Check with students that the file size of their document does not exceed 40MB. If over 40MB in size, this will need to reduced (eg reduce the size of images within the document).
4) The format of the file being submitted is not an acceptable file type - the best file types to use are Microsoft Word documents (.doc) or (.pdf)
5) The name of the file being submitted contains special characters such as brackets, semicolons etc. - make sure there is only text in the file name
6) If you are submitting an assignment that has separate parts, your tutor should advise you where each part should be submitted to. This can either be separate assignment dropboxes for each part, or one assignment dropbox with multiple submission areas inside of it.
7) Ensure you are using google chrome with a reliable internet connection
If you are seeing this 'Timeout waiting for connection' error and have checked points 1-7 above:
- log out of MyBeckett and close your browser
- open a new browser and log back into MyBeckett
- try to resubmit
If after a few attempts your assignment still won't submit, please take a full page screenshot and email firstname.lastname@example.org, if between Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, for help. On a Saturday or Sunday between 11am-5pm please email email@example.com or phone 0113 8121000 for assistance.