How can I have online text read aloud to me using Read & Write software?
Texthelp Read & Write
- Open Texthelp Read & Write
- Click on the Settings menu at the right hand end of the toolbar
Click on Read the web to switch it on On the web page hover your mouse over an area of text until you see it highlighted. You will hear the text read aloud. Move your mouse to another area of text until you see it highlighted. You will again hear the text read aloud. Read&Write will read aloud any of the text that is under your mouse. To switch theRead the web option off click on the settings menu and click on theRead the web option to switch it off
Read & Write for Google Chrome
Read & Write for Google Chrome is a plug-in for the Google Chrome browser which can be used to read web pages aloud. See the Software page for information on how to install it. Once installed follow the instructions below to use it to have online text read out loud:
- Go to the web page you want to have read aloud in Google Chrome
- Click on the Read & Write for Google Chrome button on the toolbar
- Highlight the text you want to hear then press the Play button on the floating toolbar. The text being read aloud will be highlighted.
- Click the Stop button to stop the speech