How do I print from my own device?
You can send documents to print from your own laptop, PC or mobile device both on and off campus:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet, either at home or to eduroam if on campus.
- Log into MyBeckett and click on the IT tab. Scroll down and you will see an option to “Print from your own device”. You will then be directed to the i-Print system. You can also go directly to the site with this link: Print from your device here.
- When prompted, log in using your Leeds Beckett username and password.
You can print from your own device in two ways, either by printing a file you have on your device, or printing off a webpage.
- To print a file you have on your device, click on “Choose File”, and select your file. Please note: you can only print off Microsoft Office documents, PDFs, TXT files, or image files such as JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, or BMP files.
- To print a webpage, click on the Web Print option, and type in or copy and paste the URL link.
- Once you are done, click “Next”.
- You will receive a green confirmation message at the top stating “Your print job has been added successfully. It will be processed automatically in a moment”, and at the bottom of the page your file will appear, with its status showing as “Processing”. Please wait until it says “Awaiting release”.
- Once your file is ready you can either click on “SafecomPullPrinter” to send it to print straightaway, or you can select “Advanced” and edit settings such as the number of copies you want, which pages you want, and whether or not you want the document as black and white (the default is to print in colour). Once you are happy with your settings, click on “SafecomPullPrinter”.