How do I edit text in PebblePad?
This FAQ provides information about using PebblePad's text editing toolbar. This is the toolbar that appears when you create text content, under the + Add Content icon at the top of the page.
If you need help creating a PebblePad asset (e.g. workbook, blog, portfolio), please see our related FAQs:
To add text content to an asset
- Open the asset that you want to edit. Your assets are located in your PebblePad Asset Store.
- Click + Add Content at the top of the page.
- A text box will appear in your asset.
- Click inside the text box to start adding your content. You can type directly in the box or paste content that you have already prepared.
To change the format of text content
- Select the text you want to change.
- The text editing toolbar will appear at the top of the page. Use this to make your changes.
- Styles: You can choose from a list of preset styles e.g. Title, sub header, normal, hint.
- Font: You can change the font and size of the text, change the colour or highlight, apply emphasis e.g. bold.
- Paragraph: You can change the text alignment, apply bullets and numbering, or apply an indent.
- To remove formatting, you can use the Tx button.
To add a link (e.g. Assets to a Workbook)
- To create a link, select some text and click on the link tool.
- Select the type of link you want to create.
- An asset: You then need to click Select Asset, and choose from your PebblePad account
- A resource: You then need to click Select Resource, and choose from your PebblePad account
- URL web address: You will be prompted to paste the URL
- An email: You will be prompted to enter the email address
- When you have created your link, the selected text will be blue with an underline, which disappears when the mouse hovers over it. This is recognisable formatting for hyperlinks.
Tips and tricks for editing text
- When pasting text from a web source be sure to use the Remove All Formatting button (Tx) to allow you to edit it within PebblePad. Otherwise it will retain a lot of its original formatting despite editing attempts via PebblePad (e.g. it will not become bold or italicised).
- Hyperlinks pasted directly from other websites should retain their hyperlink status in your PebblePad page. This is a good time saver!
- To create line spaces between bullet points press return and then click the bulletpoint button on the toolbar to remove the additional bullet created by the line break.
- If you prefer working in Word, PebblePad will keep a great deal of Word formatting if you paste text over. It will keep any bold text, italics, underlines, strikethroughs, font size, colours, highlight & alignment. It will even retain most fonts from Word, despite not offering these fonts in the PebblePad text editor.