How do I renew items on loan?
- Standard items will issue for 1 week initially.
- Offsite students - please see FAQ 'How do I renew Offsite loans?'
- Registered Disabled students - books are initially issued for 3 weeks.
- After the initial loan period the library will automatically renew the item weekly.
This will repeat until:
- The item has reached the maximum number of auto renewals (51 students, staff and PG researchers, 10 Guest Users)
- You are leaving Leeds Beckett and your account expires
- The item is requested by another user placing a Reservation on it.
- You will be emailed at your University email address and asked to return the item.
- You will have 7-days in which to return the item before it becomes overdue.
What happens if an item becomes overdue?
- If the item becomes overdue (day 8 past the notification to return), overdue fines begin.
- Overdue fine is £2 per day, to a maximum of £10 per item.
- We only charge fines for ignored Reservation requests.
- In other situations, borrowers will receive reminders to return the item and then be charged cost of replacement (a charge which is cancelled if they return the item).
Items that will not automatically renew:
- Laptop Loans
- Short Loans
- Interlibrary Loans
These items are still subject to fines; 50p per hour or part-hour for Laptop Loans and Short Loans; 30p per day for Interlibrary Loans.