What happens when my loan becomes overdue?
You will receive overdue notices if:
- Your item has been reserved by another user and you don’t return it on time.
- Your item(s) have reached the maximum loan period (you will be given the option to renew).
- 52 weeks for students, staff and PG researchers.
- 10 weeks for International Study Centre students and Guest Users.
- Short loan items have not been returned on time.
- Your Library account expires.
- Are sent to your University email account.
- If an item becomes very overdue you will be charged the replacement cost and you will be unable to borrow any more item(s).
- The replacement cost will be removed once the item(s) are returned
It is your responsibility to know when your loans are due back and return them on time.
You can check your Library account via Discover under My Account.
Please contact us if you have any queries or problems.
[Ask Us Home button]
- Academic Skills (51)
- Academic Support (9)
- Assignments (40)
- Borrowing (47)
- Collaborate Ultra (1)
- Disability (99)
- Electronic Resources (67)
- IT Support (205)
- Library Spaces (3)
- MyBeckett (67)
- Online Meetings (6)
- Open Access (1)
- PebblePad (35)
- Research Services (1)
- Skills for Learning (3)
- Software (65)
- Support (2)
- University Information (14)