How do I delete a Keychain from my Mac?
What is a Keychain?
Mac devices use an App call Keychain Access to store and manage passwords for things such as websites and applications. Password and username details are kept in individual keychains located within the Keychain Access app.
Why delete a Keychain?
If you have updated your password and cannot log into an program or website then deleting the keychain for that specific item can resolve the issue.
Clearing Keychain data from your Mac
If you want to remove saved username and password data from your Mac entirely, and not just Safari, then you will need to access your Keychain Access app.
- You can find Keychain Access from the Utilities Folder or by using the Finder search.
- If keychains are hidden please select View and then Show Keychains
- Search for the name of the website or program that you would like to delete the keychain for.
- Right click on the website or program and then click Delete.
- Passwords and usernames will have to be re-entered should you wish to use the app again.
N.B This approach can be very useful if you have issues connecting to eduroam.