How do I shrink things from A3 to A4 when photocopying?
If you are photocopying something larger than A4, such as a double-page from a book or journal, you can save money (and paper) by shrinking it to A4. Once set up as below, anything you copy in this session will automatically be shrunk to A4 landscape.
1. Hold your Campus Card near the Nuance panel on any printer.
2. When it beeps and your name appears press Copy.
3. Place the original document on the glass bed, face down, flush to the top left corner. If you’re copying an open book, you may need to keep the lid up and press down on the spine of the book while the scan is performed.
4. On the screen, choose Options then Paper Selection and select A4 paper in the paper size menu, then press Done.
5. Now choose Original Size and select A3 (297 x 420 mm) from the list.
6. You can change the number of copies you need by altering the number in the box next to the green copy button (if required).
7. You can preview the document before copying by selecting the blue Touch to Scan and Preview button first.
8. Press the green on-screen Copy button to copy the document.