Catalogue search tips
Here are some tips for searching on the Library catalogue:
- In a words or phrase search do not use words like ‘the’ ‘and’ ‘a’ and ‘of’.
- Check your spelling - is there a different way to spell the word e.g. organisation or organization. Use the wildcard symbol (?) for the unknown letter such as organi?ation. This will find both spellings of the word.
- Try searching the first few words of the title rather than the whole title.
- Click on the A Look Inside tab to get more information about the resource.
- Clicking on the hyperlinked author’s name will show you more resources by the same author.
- Once you have found a useful book on the shelves, browse the Nearby items on shelf or Find more on subject headings as they are likely to be on a similar topic.