How do I set up a Skype for Business meeting?
You can schedule an online meeting or interview over Skype for Business by using your Microsoft Calendar.
Open the Office 365 portal. We always recommend you do this through MyBeckett.
- Click on the Calendar icon on the left hand menu. If it isn't visible click on the 9 dots in the top left corner and then click on 'All apps'.
- In your calendar go to the date you wish to meet. You might find it easier to view your calendar by 'day'; this view can be changed from the drop-down menu on the right.
- Double click the time you wish to start your meeting. This will open up the meeting options window:
- Add a title for your meeting.
- Add attendees.
- You will need to use their full email address to invite them.
- You can invite anyone to a meeting, they do not need to be from Leeds Beckett University.
- Confirm the start and end time of your meeting.
- Make sure 'Skype Meeting' is selected (the button should be to the right and coloured) in 'Search for a room or location'.
- You don't need to add a room for a Skype for Business meeting.
- Add a description and any documents you wish to send with the meeting invite.
- If you are planning to record the meeting it is good practice to let people know in the description.
- Click 'Send'.
You will get an email when attendees accept or decline the meeting.