How do I record a Skype for Business meeting?
You can attend an online meeting or interview over Skype for Business by using your Microsoft Calendar. You should make sure you have installed the Skype for Business app on your device before trying to join a meeting.
Open the Office 365 portal. We always recommend you do this through MyBeckett.
- Click on the Calendar icon on the left hand menu. If it isn't visible click on the 9 dots in the top left corner and then click on 'All apps'.
- Click on the meeting you wish to attend.
- Click on the Skype 'Join' button
- A new web page will open, which will then open the Skype for Business app and then join the meeting for you.
You should only ever record a meeting if you are the organiser of the meeting and you must inform everyone that you are recording it. We recommend telling the participants in the invite that you are planning to record the meeting.
Once everyone is in the meeting you can start to record.
- Click on the 'More options' icon.
- Click 'Start Recording' from the menu - this will start recording straight away.
- We recommend reminding attendees that you are recording the meeting at this point so that you have a further record.
- During the meeting you can pause or stop recording at anytime using the in-display controls.
- When the meeting has finished stop the recording.
- When the recording is stopped, the Skype for Business Recording Manager app will open and the recording will be processed and saved - do not turn off your device until this is complete.
In the future all of your Skype for Business meeting recordings will be available in the Skype for Business Recording Manager app.