How do I set up alternative sign in options for MFA?
We recommend using the Microsoft Authenticator app as your default sign in method.
If you have not already registered with MFA please use this guide first: How do I register for MFA?
It is recommended that you add at least two options for signing in, such as your mobile number and the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Do not add an email address as one of the sign in options.
Once registered, it may take 24hrs before you are asked to authenticate when logging in. You should still be able to log in during this time.
Please follow the steps below to check your sign in methods and to add new ones:
- Go to https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info
- Use your University email address to sign in
- When prompted enter your student c number and MyBeckett password
- You will then be asked to Approve sign-in request using your current sign in method.
- Once signed in you will see a page called Security info
- You can check to make sure that your Default sign in method is set to: Microsoft Authenticator
Click on Change, if it needs altering
- You will also see the authentication methods already set up for your account
Normally, this will be the Microsoft Authenticator and a mobile phone number
- To add an additional method click on + Add method
- Use the drop-down to select the option you wish to add
- If you are wanting to add the Microsoft Authenticator App we recommend looking at our guide from Step 5
How do I set up the Microsoft Authenticator App on my Smart Phone?
For other methods, follow the on screen instructions.
If you have any problems with this please get in touch with the Library - Contact Us
[Ask Us Home button]
- Academic Skills (52)
- Academic Support (10)
- Assignments (40)
- Borrowing (46)
- Disability (98)
- Electronic Resources (83)
- IT Support (216)
- Library Spaces (1)
- MyBeckett (66)
- Online Meetings (8)
- Open Access (1)
- PebblePad (34)
- Research Management (1)
- Research Services (1)
- Skills for Learning (3)
- Software (79)
- University Information (14)