How do I add a new smart phone to MFA?
To add a new smart phone you will need to have access to your old phone or to have kept the same phone number. If not please get in touch with the Library.
Library Contact Us
Please follow the steps below to set up a new smart phone to use the Authenticator app.
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator app onto your new phone
- Using an alternative device (laptop / PC) go to - https://myaccount.microsoft.com/
- Log in using your student email address and then MyBeckett password
- Select Security info from the left hand menu
Please note that as you are updating your security information it is likely you will be required to complete a multi-factor sign in. If you no longer have access to your old phone, but you have kept the same phone number as on your previous device, you will need to select Sign in another way and select text me
- You will see your old phone displayed next to Microsoft Authenticator - Do not delete this yet
- Choose + Add method and Select Authenticator app
- If you've already installed the Microsoft Authenticator app on your new phone, click next
- Set up your account on mobile device, click next
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your new phone and scan the QR Code
- On your laptop or PC you will then be asked to approve a sign in. This will send a notification to your phone for you to approve
- Now that your new phone is added go back to https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info and delete your old phone from next to the Authenticator app. You can also update your mobile phone number if needed by clicking Change.