How do I access multiple Office 365 accounts on a personal device?
As modern browsers will cache the credentials for your Office 365 account when you first log in, we would recommend that you use a different browser to the one you would normally use to sign in to a separate Office 365 account.
For example, if you normally use Google Chrome, use Edge or Firefox.
If this is not possible, you can use in private or incognito browsing to achieve the same result. The steps below are based on Google Chrome on a Microsoft Windows operating system, however all browsers should have a similar option:
- Open a private browser window - this is called incognito mode in Chrome. You can open an incognito window by using the Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut or selecting 'New incognito window' from the more options menu.
- In the incognito window type portal.microsoft.com into the search bar.
- When prompted, enter the email address for the account you wish to access and click the login button.
- You will then be directed to an additional login page where you will be asked to enter your password. In the case of University accounts the login page will have University branding. Please note that if you are logging in to a non-University account this may behave slightly differently based on settings configured by the account administrator.
- Once you have logged in you should see the Office 365 homepage for the account you have signed in to.
- This process will not work if you are signed in to the eduroam network on the University campus.
- On certain browsers, you may not see a login page and may be automatically logged into your primary Office 365 account.