How do I request Offsite postal loans?
Students entitled to Offsite loans can have books posted free of charge (UK and mainland Europe only). You just pay the return postage (you are welcome to return them in person if you are in Leeds)
To request books:
- sign in to the Library Catalogue and search for the book you require.
- click on 'place a reservation' choosing 'post item to me' (you can only have 10 books on reservation at once)
- please allow 3/4 working days to receive the item after you have placed it on reservation
- we will email your student email address to let you know when the book has been sent
- you can borrow up to 15 items
- books initially issue for 3 weeks and then auto renew weekly
- if the item is requested by another student after this period, you will be asked to return the book by email (please check your University email regularly) - you have 14 days to return the book
- We will only fine if you do not return the book on time. Fines are £2 a day
Books are sent by Royal Mail Signed For™ 2nd class delivery which requires a signature on delivery.