How do I download the Blackboard app to view MyBeckett module content on a mobile device?
The Blackboard app allows you to access your MyBeckett Modules and Course Groups on a variety of devices. To download the app, please choose your device’s operating system from the list below:
Important: Please note, Turnitin assignments won't show up in your assignments list on mobile apps. If you are required to submit a Turnitin assignment within your module, remember to check the due date in MyBeckett.
Notifications aren't always instantaneous from MyBeckett - if you urgently need to check for module announcement etc - we recommend logging into MyBeckett and accessing your module direct.
Get started with the app
- Search for Blackboard in your device's app store. The symbol is a pencil icon.
- Once downloaded, input Leeds Beckett University for the school name.
- Log in with your standard username and password.
- You will see the Activity Stream which gives you news from the University, as well as module updates.
- Click the navigation button at the top left to access other features of the app.
- You can:
- Look at your current modules (in the Courses section) to check any new content. Your modules will look a bit different than they do in your desktop browser, but you should be able to easily navigate to your content. Most features are available in the app.
- Check any Marks from your modules.
- Check if you have any upcoming deadlines for Blackboard assignments in Due Dates.
Note, this list does not include Turnitin assignments.
- Complete Blackboard tests or surveys.
- Complete Blackboard assignments by inputting text within the app, or uploading documents.
- Take part in discussions.