How do I submit a video for assessment?
This Student FAQ explains why and how to provide a link to a video you have created as part of an assessment. Instead of uploading a video submission you will upload your video recording into Panopto and then share this via a Blackboard Assignment.
How to create videos using Panopto
- All students have access to the University managed Panopto software (record in the browser or download the app)
- Login to Panopto using your student email - you may need to verify with MFA (do not use personal email account)
- Options to either create a screen recording for a presentation or upload any other media recording (File types: AVI, MP4, MPG, WMV, MOV, QT, ASF, 3GP, WMA, MP3, M4V).
- When your video is processed an email will be sent to you for reference, with links for you to play, edit and share.
- It is best to go to the assignment link, to submit your recording described below:
How to submit a Panopto video to a Blackboard assignment:
- Click on the assignment link to enter the assignment submission area, then click Create Submission
- In the text box toolbar, click the 3 dots and then click the plus icon
- After clicking on the Plus icon, select Panopto Video Submission option
- Now you can Choose a video from your list (if prerecorded) or Upload a video or Record a video / screen capture via the browser
- Wait until the video has finished processing, then click Insert
- Your video will be embedded, you can choose to edit or redo
- When you click Insert the next screen is the submission link, can also add comments about your submission to the text box.
- Ensure you click Submit before closing your browser tabs
- Detailed guidance on How do I record presentations with Panopto for a video assignment? (Student FAQ).
- For Panopto recording submissions you don't need to download the software to record, you can use the browser capture this is the solution for those who are using MAC / Chromebook.
- If you do want to download the software, please see this FAQ - How do install Panopto to record presentations.
[Ask Us Home button]
- Academic Skills (59)
- Academic Support (15)
- Assignments (50)
- Borrowing (36)
- Collaborate Ultra (1)
- Disability (111)
- Discover (41)
- E-Resources (95)
- IT Support (191)
- Journals & E-Resources (9)
- Library Spaces (5)
- MyBeckett (67)
- Online Meetings (6)
- Open Access (1)
- PebblePad (37)
- Research Management (1)
- Research Services (2)
- SEAts (17)
- Skills for Learning (10)
- Software (61)