Why does my Blackboard assignment freeze when trying to upload a large file/video, or not letting me submit?
If you are using Safari and receiving an error message there is a known issue - you must use Chrome or Firefox instead - please see this FAQ, apologies.
When clicking 'submit' or 'save draft' after uploading a large file to a Blackboard assignment it can often appear that nothing is happening or that the page is 'stuck' uploading.
- Please be patient as the file will be uploading
- It will take approximately 1 minute to upload 25mb of your file
- Do not close this window or interact further until you get the "Success!" green banner:
We recommend using Google Chrome browser, on a pc/mac with a wired internet or very strong wireless connection.
Submit via Cloud Storage instead for files taking too long to upload:
1. Save your files to your student OneDrive (Office 365)
2. At the submission stage choose to attach files via 'Browse Cloud Storage'
Choose OneDrive for Business and log in with student email credentials and choose files to attach.