How do I create a meeting in Microsoft Teams?
Creating a Meeting
1. Go to www.office.com and log in using your student email address and MyBeckett password.
Or access through MyBeckett using this guide - How do I access Microsoft Teams?
2. Click the Teams icon.
3. Click Calendar.
4. Click New Meeting.
5. Set up your meeting options
- Title: type the name of your meeting
- Add attendees: you need to invite at least one person, e.g. another student (you can share the meeting link with people via email when you have set it up and created a shareable link)
- Date and time: add the start and end date/time of your meeting
- Recurrence: optional - you can set up a weekly meeting, for example
- Channel: leave blank - this is only relevant if you have MS Teams sites set up
- Location: leave blank - this will auto-populate when you save
- Details: this is where the meeting link will appear when you save.
6. Click Send.
7. Your meeting will be added to the calendar. Double-click to open it. It will contain a Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link.
8. Select and copy the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link to share via email.
9. TIP: place the date and start time details in the meeting name, as they will need to click the joining link on the day.
10. As the meeting organiser, you can click the Meeting Options link to change a couple of default settings if you wish and make changes or add people.
11. There are two settings in meeting options:
- Who can bypass the lobby? - this controls who can access your meeting directly by clicking the link you have shared, and who needs to wait to be admitted.
- Who can present? - this controls the meeting role that is assigned when people join your meeting. If you would like to restrict who can present, you can change this setting.
11. Click Save.
Please contact the Library for any further support - Library Support Contact Details