How do I take an Online Blackboard Test / Exam?
TIP: Read the guide on things to do before your online test / exam so you are well prepared in advance.
Sign in to MyBeckett
1. Log into MyBeckett with your University email and password: my.leedsbeckett.ac.uk
2. Go to the Modules tab and click the module listed under 'My Module'. Follow your tutor's instructions to locate your test / exam. NOTE: These may not be visible until the start Date and Time.
3. Follow any instructions to download any software required (for example you may be asked to install a lockdown browser called Respondus click this link to learn more).
4. Click on the title of the test to begin, the picture below shows the area of MyBeckett where the link may be listed and the Blackboard test icon:
5. To open the test, click on the title. There may be instructions. Read any guidance on how long the test / exam will last, if there is a time limit and any other information from your tutor. When you are ready, click the 'Begin' button.
6. If the test has a time limit, the information will be displayed in the instructions, a countdown timer will be visible throughout the test.
7. Your online test / exam may consist of a variety of question types (e.g. multiple choice, short answer and longer essay style questions). They should automatically save.
8. Once you have worked through your answers, before clicking the final 'Submit' button - Remember *Do not click the back button* - check that you haven't missed any and you are happy with your answers.
8. Remember to stay calm if you experience any technical issues and please contact the Library and IT Advice Team and / or your tutor for support.