How do I install Panopto to record presentations?
If you have been asked to record a presentation using Panopto, you can install the Panopto Recorder via the steps described in this FAQ.
Please note, you do not need to install the Panopto recorder in order to watch recordings.
Download and install the Panopto recorder
- Go to Panopto and Sign in with MyBeckett
- At the top right of the Panopto home page, click Download Panopto
- Click Download Panopto again when prompted
- A panoptorecorder.exe file will be downloaded. You can double-click on this to install it.
Record a presentation using the Panopto recorder
- Open the Panopto recorder that you have downloaded and installed on your computer / laptop
- Sign in with your University account
- Click Open Panopto Recorder
- Under Session Settings:
- Folder: Leave this as My Folder so that the recording will save into your personal Panopto folder
- Name: Type the name of your presentation
- Under Primary Sources:
- Video: This is where you can select your webcam
- Audio: This is where you can select your microphone
- Quality: You can select a quality setting from the drop-down list
- Capture Computer Audio: You can tick this if you want the recording to include system audio
- Under Secondary Sources:
- You can tick to include PowerPoint slides or capture your main screen. If you are recording the main screen, make sure to close any apps that might interrupt your recording with pop-up notifications
- When you are ready, click the Record button at the top left
- You can Pause or Stop the recording using the buttons at the top left.
Where is my recording?
Following the steps above, your Panopto recording will be uploaded to your personal folder on Panopto, called 'My Folder'. To access this, sign in to Panopto through a web browser and click My Folder on the left.
[Ask Us Home button]
- Academic Skills (50)
- Academic Support (8)
- Assignments (40)
- Borrowing (34)
- Collaborate Ultra (1)
- Disability (97)
- Electronic Resources (59)
- IT Support (208)
- Library Spaces (2)
- MyBeckett (67)
- Online Meetings (6)
- Open Access (1)
- PebblePad (36)
- Research Services (1)
- Skills for Learning (3)
- Software (67)
- University Information (14)