Answered By: Rianne MacArthur Last Updated: 15 Aug 2017
We recommend to tutors that if assignments require a video submission, students should upload the video to their student YouTube account and submit the URL, rather than upload the video directly to MyBeckett.
The instructions provided by your tutor may vary. You may be asked to upload a URL to an assignment within your module, or you may be asked to share the video directly.
This guide shows you how to share directly. If you need to submit to a module assignment, get the video URL once it’s been uploaded and paste it into the submission description when you submit the assignment.
Record / transfer your video
Once you've recorded a video with a smartphone, tablet or video camera, you need to transfer it to a computer and upload it to YouTube. Instructions are provided below:
- Apple devices guide.
- Android and Windows Mobile devices: Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable and copy the files across.
- Digital video camera: Connect your camera to your computer with a USB cable and copy the files across.
Upload your video
1. With the video on your computer, navigate to YouTube.
2. Click Sign in (top right of screen).
3. Enter your username e.g. B.Smith1234@student.leedsbeckett.ac.uk and password, then click Sign In.
4. Click Upload (top right).
5. Click Select files to upload or drag and drop your video to that area. Make sure you select Unlisted from the drop-down menu so that only people with a link can view it.
6. Upload time is dependent on file size. Large files take longer to upload. While the video uploads, you can edit the Title and Description.
7. When you're finished, click Done. You'll see the video manager. To return to editing, click the Edit button next to your video. To get your video's URL, click the video title in the Video Manager. Your video opens.
8. Copy the URL from your browser and share this with anyone who needs to view your video. This is the URL you need to submit to Blackboard assignments if your tutor has asked you to submit a video.