How do I connect my Android device to eduroam?
Logging your Android device into Eduroam allows you to access our fast, encrypted wireless network for students. Follow these instructions to connect:
- Turn on Wi-Fi by swiping down from the top of the screen and clicking on the Wi-Fi button so it lights up.
- Select Eduroam from the list of available wireless networks. A window will appear, press ‘connect’.
- Check the EAP method is PEAP and adjust if not.
- Change the Phase 2 authentication drop down to 'MSCHAPV2'.
- CA Certificate - set to "Do not validate"
- In the identity box type in your username (e.g. c1234567) followed by @leedsbeckett.ac.uk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the 'Anonymous identity' leave blank.
If you have a ChromeBook click here
- Enter your password (the same one used to log in to MyBeckett).
- Press 'Connect' and it should connect to Eduroam.
If the phone doesn’t connect after this process, it is a good idea to ‘forget’ any Leeds Beckett networks and then try again. To do this:
- Swipe down the screen and click on settings (generally represented by a cog).
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Click on Eduroam.
- On the next screen, click on ‘forget’. Also do this with Guest Wi-Fi if you have connected to that network before.
- If it still won't connect, restart the device and see if it then auto connects.
Once your device has connected to Eduroam you should only need to reconnect every 6 months when your university password expires.
If you are having problems connecting, try reading this FAQ.