Why can't I connect to eduroam?
If you are struggling to connect to eduroam check the points below. If none of them help Contact Us and we will get you connected.
- Check your device has wireless turned on, obvious but always worth checking.
- Make sure your username (just for eduroam) is in the following format; email@example.com. It doesn’t need "student", unlike your email address.
- Has your password expired? Your university password expires every 6 months; try logging into a University PC or MyBeckett as both will ask you to change your password if it has expired, unfortunately eduroam doesn’t.
- If you have just changed your password, try "forgetting" eduroam and then re-connecting, this is an especially important step on Windows devices.
- Can’t log into a University PC or MyBeckett? Contact Us and we will change your password for you.