How can I reset my password using MFA?
To reset your password in the future, you will need to set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
If you know your password but your account is locked, you can unlock it without a password reset.
Once you have completed the set up, you will be able to reset your password for all systems (including MyBeckett):
- Go to the Office website: https://www.office.com/
- Click the 'Forget this account' link to the left of the screen (if showing) and then click the 'Sign in' button.
- A Sign in page will open. Underneath the Sign in box are 3 links. Click 'Can't access your account?'.
- Now click 'Work or school account'.
- A new page will open. In the User ID box, type your student email address (for example email@example.com).
- On the next screen select the 'I forgot my password' option and click 'Next'.
- You will now have several options to choose from for verifying that it is you who is changing your password.
- Follow the instructions on screen. Make sure you have your smartphone with the authenticator app near you, as you will need it for this process.
- Once you have verified it is you, you will be prompted to reset your password.
- Please remember to use at least 1 capital letter, 1 lower case, 1 number and at least 8 characters. Microsoft may tell you that your password is too easily guessed. We recommend using a special character (such as # @ ! etc.) to make your password as secure as possible.
If you are unable to authenticate your account for a password reset, please contact the Library.