How do I share my PebblePad Asset with an External Assessor?
NOTE: If you are a Social Work student, you will share your work with your Practice Educator in a different way to the method explained on this page - please click here for your specific instructions.
Depending on how your course uses PebblePad, you may be required to share your work with someone who isn't part of Leeds Beckett University, such as a Mentor or Practice Assessor/Supervisor (Nursing only). In PebblePad terms, these people are called External Assessors. Your tutor will inform you if you are required to share your work with an External Assessor.
External Assessors are given their own special PebblePad account which allows them to complete sections of your Workbook Asset on PebblePad. These sections are called 'Assessor Fields' and can be identified in your Workbook by looking for the 'Completed By: Assessor Only' label:
Your External Assessor will log in using their e-mail address as their username at www.pebblepad.co.uk/leedsbeckett. As different courses have different set-ups, further guidance for External Assessors is provided at course level, so please consult the help sections within your Workbook, your course/module handbook or your tutor for further guidance.
To share your work with an External Assessor:
2) Locate your Workbook within your list of Assets and open it.
3) In the top right, click on 'I want to...', and then click 'Share':
4) In the next box that appears, you should only see one option - 'With an External Assessor'. Click on this option:
NOTE: If you do not see this option - please contact your tutor.
5) You will now be presented with a search box in order to find your External Assessor. Type their email address into the box and click on the magnifying glass icon to search for them:
NOTE: If you receive the message 'No external user was found with that email address', please ensure you have typed the correct email address in lower case (no capital letters). If the message persists, contact your course team. (Nursing students must contact the Placement Unit - see your course handbook for details).
6) You will now see your External Assessor's name appear in a box below the search, indicating they have been found:
7) Scroll down and type a personal message into the 'Add a message to this share?' box. This will be sent to your External Assessor:
When you are ready to share your Asset, click on 'Share asset'.
8) You have now shared your Workbook Asset with your External Assessor. They will shortly receive an automatic email confirming that you have shared your Asset with them, along with a link to your Workbook and your personal message. Further guidance for External Assessors is provided at course level, so please consult the help sections within your Workbook, your course/module handbook or your tutor for further guidance.