How do I add content and personalise my Portfolio or Page in PebblePad?
After creating a Portfolio or Page in PebblePad you will need to populate it with content. PebblePad allows a variety of content types to be added. To get started, open your Portfolio or Page from your Asset Store.
Editing your Banner
1) By default, your new Portfolio or Page will have a Banner already inserted at the top of the page. A Banner is an image with some text over it which acts as a page header. By default it will have the title 'Make your page stand out with a banner':
2) Clicking on this text will allow you to add a more suitable title to your Banner:
You may also wish to replace, remove or resize the banner image by clicking the relevant button in the bottom right corner of the Banner:
1) You will see a button at the top of the page titled 'Add content'. Use this to begin adding content to your page - the types of content you can add are as follows:
- Banner block - An image with text over the top of it, acting as a Page header/divider.
- Text block - A text area where you can type text, and create links. For tips on editing text in PebblePad, see: How do I edit text in PebblePad?
- Image block - An image area where you can place an image from your Asset Store.
- Video block - A video area where you can place a video from your Asset Store.
- Audio block - An audio area where you can place some audio from your Asset Store.
- Embed block - An area where you may embed third party tools, such a YouTube videos or Google Drive files - see our guide on using this block.
- Quote block - A small piece of text allowing you to highlight a specific quote in speech marks.
2) To add some content, click the 'Add content' button and then click on the type of content you wish to add to the Page. This will then place your chosen block of content on the Page below. To position two content blocks next to each other, click and drag the box from the top menu onto your page and let go of your mouse when you see a blue bar beside your other block:
This will then drop and position it next to your other block:
You can do this to the left, right, above or below another block. You can resize a block by clicking and dragging the dots in the corner of the block:
3) When you add an Image, Video or Audio block, you will be prompted to 'Open your Asset Store' in order to locate a relevant Asset to embed on the page:
When you click on this, your Asset Store will appear in a panel on the right, displaying only the types of Asset allowed in the block you added (for example, Image Assets for an Image block and so on). You will then need to select the Asset you wish you embed, or you can upload a new Asset if you haven't already done so:
You can remove any block you no longer want on your Page by clicking anywhere within the block, then clicking on the 'X' symbol in the top right:
The Properties Panel
1) You will also see a 'Properties' button in the top right corner that will show you a menu of additional editing options, depending on the block you have currently selected. So for example if you click on a text area you have added, the properties panel will show you text area properties - if it is an image you have selected, it will show image properties and so on:
2) You will also find further customisation options for your Page/Portfolio in the Properties menu, such as background colour and layout.